Wednesday 24 February 2010

V&A Poster Final design Idea

For my final design idea I decided on working with bright colours, and and eye catching image would be a lot more appealing to young people age 11-19.
I wanted to create an effect of light but in a graphic way, by visually communicating the idea of a storm and how the moment just before a storm you can really feel the energy of it brewing ready to hit.

The concept is how this big exhibition is well.. big! The way that it is coming and happening and has a real energy about it. I think the only thing that lets it down is that there is no examples of the exhibition. However, overall it is a really strong idea that I am quite proud of.

This time i really thought cleverly of the way the posters V&A have produced; all have cleverly aligned type. So the idea was to experiment with this until I have an unusual layout but still works cleverly. The biggest challenge was trying so that everything would work off of each other from the artwork, to the logo and finally the type. I think people don't really understand that is the most important factor of being a good designer, you have to get it so that nothing looks misplaced as if it shouldn't be there people just think they make a fancy piece of artwork and the rest just follows.

I think if my design was chosen I work with the idea and create a new design to get finally printed and produced.

No comments:

Post a Comment